Bangalore voter turnout up by10%. Average turnout across Bangalore was measured at 57%.
If we eliminate the duplicate entries and migrant population who moved away, the voter turnout can be measured in mid to high 60%
Let us now work towards eliminating the last 14% gap and exceed the state average the next time around.
How to Register for the MLC elections (Graduate Constituency)
Registration as a Graduate voter will take place between October 1st to November 5th, 2011. PLEASE NOTE: This is a separate registration from your regular voter ID which entitles you to vote in assembly or parliamentary or ward elections. To be eligible to vote, the residents of the constituency should be graduated as of Nov 1, 2008. The procedure for registration is as follows.
- Click here to download Form-18 (PDF). Print it. Fill it out completely and sign it.
- Copy of your Address Proof ( One of the following: Passport, Driving License, Ration Card, BSNL Telephone Bill, Electricity Bill,or any other generally accepted document )
- Copy of your degree certificate self-attested, it if you are personally submitting it. See 4. below.
- You can either submit the form in person or post it. You will need your degree certificate to be attested by a Gazette Officer, if you are posting it. We recommend that you submit it in person.
- Take the Form-18, address proof, self-attested copy of degree certificate along with the original degree certificate (for verification) to a registration office near you. Click here to check a location near you.
- If you can not submit in person, the copy of the degree certificate should be attested by a Gazetted Officer. You can post it. Click here to check a location near you.